If you fancy getting seed sowing, it is not too late to start some biennial plants that will provide colour in early Spring when we need it most. It is also a good time to start off some perennials ready for planting out next year and some salad to keep you going. This is what I am sowing in July and August.
- Digitalis Suttons Apricot (Foxgloves)
- Dianthus barbartus (Sweet Williams)
- Erysimum cheiri (Wallflowers)
- Lunaria annua (Honesty)
- Hesperis matronalis White (Sweet Rocket)
- Eschscholzia californica (Californian poppy)
- Echinops Ritro
- Aquilegia ‘Lime Sorbet and Norah Barlow’
Herbs and veg:
- Swiss chard ‘Rainbow’
- Perpetual spinach
- Coriander (to bring inside for the winter)
Why don’t you give one or two a go and let me know how you get on?
Visit the Chiltern Seeds website to find some great seeds.